Saturday, November 15, 2008
Do you know what is in your food?
Eversince the news break out about melamine in milk powder - AND MORE IN CHOCOLATES AND BISCUITS - I have now became more weary of the food i bought & eat now. I don't eat carelessly as i used to. Paranoid? No. I just don't wanna shorten my life span. heh.
I just found out more a few days ago, when I watch this korean documentary
(with sub of cos). The
'Creamer' we used for coffee & tea like the one in fast food are not really made of milk powder after all. In fact, there's not even a single milk powder in it. It is entirely made of emulsifier, shortening, gelatin, carrageenan
& other stuffs only God knows what. And these stuffs are mainly used with other chemicals to make shoe polish, toothpaste, shampoo, plastic bottles and etc. And oh, instant coffee has the same ingredient too.
Eating a stick ice-cream is equivalent of you swallowing 8-10 lumps of sugar. But you can't swallow that 8-10 lumps of sugar on its own, do you? The reason why you dont taste its utter sweetness is becos it is frozen. My brother always scolded me for drinking iced milo & iced coffee cos drinking too much of it can make you prone to diabetes. He's right. If ice-cream alone have that much amount of sugar...then i wonder those who love to drink soft drinks especially coke, it must have contain much more sugar! Try leaving it outside, uncool. You can always taste its overwhelming sweetness & it stick on your mouth for some reason. Lucky i dont drink soft drinks & i rarely ate ice-cream.
Seriously, i will never buy hot drinks in fast food restaurants anymore - wait, i would but i won't use the creamer. haha. So scary. I will resist myself from ice-creams now. So much for instant food. No wonder compared to people in olden days, you can see they live up to 80-100 years old & still able to walk even though hunchback. People nowadays live up the most at average 70 years old & some were diagnosed with alot of illness even from the early age of 30-40. With the living standard has gone up and more invention of instant food that is bad for the body, and
work,
work, WORK even when you are old & with so much work, you rarely exercise...IF YOU THINK OF IT, WE ARE BORN TO DIE BEFORE WE SHOULD. haha. okay kidding. But you got my point right? These invention seem to shorten our life span. lol.
My condolences went to the man attack by the tiger in the zoo. Its really gruesome thinking how he was so helpless in there with 3 huge white tigers. I cringed. I remembered i went to night safari last time with my nieces & nephews, the white tiger was really walking back & forth right in front of us - maybe seeing my newphews & nieces of mine jumping around - they look tasty lol. The only thing that separate us was the glass panel & if it breaks..i don't even wanna imagine it.
Was he trying to clean the enclosure? But who clean those place with the wild stuffs still going on in there? I think they usually lock them up first before cleaning the place right? He jumped & walked towards the tiger? What was he thinking? Isnt he asking for death sentence on purpose? Wonder if he tried to commit suicide? Well, tell me, first, who on earth would go to the enclosure with the tigers still wandering there. Second, who on earth would go try to attract the tiger attention or walk towards the tiger? Even if he already got attacked, any human in their right state of mind would automatically, quickly & instinctively look for self-defense & in his case, jump into the water for some reason. But, there are 2 reasons why the tiger attacked. Its either they saw some potential meat. Or they acted in self-defense because something unknown was in their territory. I still remember this science centre senior told me -
Animals don't disturb you if you don't do anything to them. Most animals got defensive when they sense something is not right and that is when they will attack. Okay fine, maybe his death was inevitable. But I find it very queer & bizzare that of all places & of all things, he died there. As in, if you are the zookeeper attending to the tiger needs & got attacked during the process and died, then that is like accidental because it is part of your job to face with the tigers first hand and it just so happen things went wrong along the way. But in this case, it was said he jumped there on his own. His action is what people in their right mind wouldn't do. He was acting weirdly before his death & he went there - its like somehow he knew he would die there. I dunno if you get the point im trying to say. But i told my mum & she said
"ade benda memanggil ke.." lol... anyway it was tragic death. My condolences. I got goosebump reading the papers. The chill of getting mauled to death.
I would have cried & shaken if im there.BADI thats what you call it.
Posted by =Im-tOxI-kaTe-d= at 11/15/2008 12:06:00 AM