Saturday, January 03, 2009
OMG. I cant believe it is already the 3rd day of 2009! I hope it is not too late to shoutout
HAPPY NEW YEAR to my readers! And not forgetting the Muslims are celebrating new year too on the 29th Dec if i had not mistaken. So to all Muslims..
Selamat Menyambut Awal Muharram! its 1430 Hijrah. And with this, i pray that Allah will make my plans go accordingly & that my life will fall into its place pieces by pieces. And may Allah bless me & my family with good health & rezeki & more better things & turn us into better humans in time to come. And the same prayer goes out to all my friends as well. *winks*
Outing with ex-classmates was cancelled. Thus I spent the days in my bro house instead. My initial plan was to stay over the weekends until Tues noon. But thanks to the pestering of my sis-in-law & bro, i was influenced to sleeping there until thurday evening before i went home. Even that, i was asked to stay until Fri which i politely declined. Come to think of it, i actually spent 14 days of december in my 2nd bro house in 3 separate occassions. When i was asked to stay until Thursday, only God knows how much i wanted to go home.
Actually, even though, my sis did brought me out, but i kinda felt abit imprisoned there. I cant watched my fav programs & neither was I able to surf the internet freely because once i switched on the TV or the computer, my niece would bugged me into wanting to watch her cartoons or play the computer games & my PSP? I cant play THAT either because if it is not in my niece's hands, it would be with my nephew. And since the previous stay, I was forced to picking up some available novel in the house to read to kill my boredom. The last time i actually touched a book to read was in 1999. I stopped reading totally in 2000 to focus on my Os. And now that i started reading again, i am amused with myself and even thinking of becoming a bookworm. lol. I love English,
you know. haha.
After check-up, i met my sis & kids at Orchard for some short outing. My bro joined in later. Spend there from evening until late night. It was a Monday & its PACKED with people. My guess, they either still havent gotten over Christmas or were still looking presents for New Year..
if there are people who do that! haha. My sis had a whole day school presentation on Tuesday. I was supposed to go home that day but as i had mentioned, i was manipulated into staying longer. lol. I missed my home, my mum, my bed, my TV, my lappy so much, i told my sis that i would be returning home for awhile just to ease the homesickness I felt
which of course i didnt mention that part. lol. Actually, i just wanted to go home and see my mum's face. hehe. Even that, i got asked why. Ahhh..not only was i deprived from having fun there, i also felt that i was interrogated for anything that i wished to do! I finally reached home & felt happy to get to see my mum again. Rest awhile before meeting my sis in vivo & my bro joined later when he ended his shift.
Wednesday outing was to the Expo - to the POPULAR sale to buy stationery for my niece, who is starting Pri 1 on Friday. I cant believe my legs actually brought me to the novels section. The novels are surprisingly cheap..as low as $3.90 compared to $16 owards in normal Popular store. Of course, it wasnt a new book but it wasnt that old either & old does not mean it is not interesting okay. It is far off better than the books sold by NLB because these are firsthands & new & unsold whereas the NLB ones were totally secondhand, not including the countless number of people who had borrowed it and returned - sold at almost the same price. I was quite surprise at myself for getting 3 novels - 2 $5 ones & another for $3.90.
What the hell has happen to me! haha. And whoever go out with me might be just seeing me with either PSP or a book. lol.
But you know what? I find that people who read while sitting on the train or just having a sip of coffee at Starbucks or Coffeebean actually look intellectual & i like to see how they are so absorbed in their own world? haha. I just love that wholesome idea of looking intellectual. LMAO! Next, we dropped by at Tampiness Mall
or was it Century Square? I truly had no idea which. We had our dinner & shopped for some work clothes for my sis before heading home.
By thursday, i had finished helping my sis wrapping up my niece's school books. With her grumpy attitude she always gave us, i hope she wouldnt be acting that way in school. It was hard to believe she was one of the cutest niece when she was younger & i couldnt take it that she grew up becoming like this. If only her parents werent there, i would have definitely scolded her for talking the way she did. I was really tempted to numerous times! A NO for an answer or an alternative solution given to her were always met with a grumpy look given by her or some soft mumble and followed by the
whatever-roll-eyes look instead of being thankful that people are at least getting something for her. In my opinion, that itself is rude. And having her to has always been doing that despite being told not to numerous times means the warnings she got is not stern enough which explain why she dare to repeat her actions. A proper scolding would be when a child feels afraid to do it again. I think if it had been my first bro, she would have been given a good scolding. My first bro may pamper their child alot but he also has a temper when his children are rude. And if it is my child, i will really give a good lashing. If teenagers or young adolescents are like that, i believe that they are undergoing hormones changes & it is part of growing up or it is something you spoke of that they cant accept? But i can
never accept kids acting that way, even mimicking when an adult is speaking. That is, simply rude in my dictionary and i shall give no leniency to kids like that. Trust me.
That Thurday, i had planned to go home late to watch my fav TV program first because with my twin sis at home that day, i obviously cant get to watch the tv. But even then, i couldnt even get to watch it. I had told my bro about the program i wanted to watch but it was interfered by the others. So i thought, i cant watch it if im at my house & neither can i watch it here, i might as well just pack & go home now than stay until later. And i eventually went to the room and started packing which set my bro noticed that i might be upset because i couldnt get to watch it. Which is true. But being polite, i said it was okay & i was just packing. But of course, it was a small thing which i shoved away the feelings later. Other than that, they had been a great host but i just couldnt bring myself sleeping on other people house that long even if it is my brothers'. I felt like imposing in their life if its too long. Of cos it is a totally different thing if you talk about holiday or studying abroad cos i am not imposing on anybody. Nonetheless, a bittersweet stay for me. And i hope i get a call for interview soon! Im so waiting for it. lol.
and
CHUAN! HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by =Im-tOxI-kaTe-d= at 1/03/2009 03:38:00 AM