Monday, January 19, 2009

I did another catching-up with Zohra today. Catched a movie and got stranded at Chinatown when we were supposed to take a bus to Bugis only not knowing where to stop LMAO. And I recommend you watch Changeling. Its worth every penny okay. Based on a true story, it is about a mother who go through thick and thins just to find her lost son only to realize the one the police brought wasnt hers & was forced by the corrupted police division to admit he is her son to the point she was made looked upon like she was paranoia. It is really a touching story. Should watch.

Times are bad now & I feel bad. Feel bad because, while people over at the Palestine are worrying if they even get to see the next sunrise, here I am worrying about not getting a job yet. We really should start thanking God every second, every minute for all the wealth and peace He had given us because we tend to take things for granted. Everything comes easy for us yet complain at the slightest inconveniences we faced. We can't even fight our own hunger for goodness sake. And somewhere over at the other part of the world, they dont even have as much wealth and peace as we have and always constantly worry about food or if they gonna be dead next or if they ever gonna see their family again. Sleeping cuddled together in fear of bombs dropping on them when we sleep here peacefully on a soft mattress with the air-conditioner on. I feel so sad because we didnt realize how fortunate we are. I really pray that the Palestinian citizens will be free from this raging war soon..InsyaAllah..amin. Nescaya akan ada balasan pada si pengzalim.



Speaking of job. I am at dead ends cos most of the jobs I see dont really suit me? I applied at Sha workplace twice. No calls for the 1st time & receive email saying they arent looking for ouside applicant but will contact me if they need it during the 2nd time. Thanks sha for your concern. I know you meant to help. But I wouldnt wanna look like someone who desperately need a job because she is out of job although it may also look like im keen. So easy said, if im meant to get the job i would.

And just earlier, I was trying to assure Sha. I was in the midst of preparing to meet Zohra when i realized I had a missed call from a strange number. I was so esctatic when I call them and hear the companies name that I applied for. To tell u frankly, I almost give up wanting this job. I had applied it last 2 fridays. I didnt get any call that weekends and since it is close last mon & tues, I thought if they dont call me on last wednesday, make it on fri or sat. But then saturday ended with disappointment. I really already thinking that i should start finding other jobs already. But because previously, I didnt send it with my education transcript, I thought it would be better if i resend my resume plus the transcript this time. By then it was sat night. No in fact it was sun 3am. And the next thing i knew, i saw this miss call from them at the same day ard 2plus in the afternoon. Its so funny when i think about how I also sent in my resume at 2am when i applied for the job at Science Centre 5 years ago and received call for interview the same day? haha. And yes I finally was granted an interview scheduled for this wednesday. God is Great. I just know he would help me. The same when i know He would help me with my FYP. Thanks to my mum prayers too. Alhamdulillah. Anyway, i dont hope too much but i hope the least salary they can offer me is between the range 1.7-1.8K *pray hard* InsyaAllah.

And Alfie...i told you I dont dare to make any promises abt the volunteer job. Of course it would be great if im able to and its a fun outing at ECP anyway. But just about now, i dont dare to make any promises yet. If i do, i scared i need to cancel last minute only to make you guys pissed cos u guys had not time to find replacement. I know you guys very well. The only person who got blame later will be me. haha.

Posted by =Im-tOxI-kaTe-d= at 1/19/2009 12:50:00 AM