Thursday, January 22, 2009
Thanks to Idah for that invitation word game in facebook, because if it wasn't for that, i wouldnt be addicted to playing the IQ Games. Thanks to Ika for that Spelling game she send for my PSP or I wouldnt be able to train myself with the word games. lOl. So you guys must be wondering whats with all these thankings. Because those games actually helped me during the interview.
The interview went well. Speaking from first impression, the people were okay. The surrounding environment was casual and relax. The last time I remembered feeling the same thing was when I got the interview at the Singapore Science Centre.
You know I had to take the IQ tests? I cant recall how many sets of paper but it was abt 12 sets - each varies from 45 secs - 1min. So you need to do as much as you can in that given time. It wasnt stressful. In fact I had fun. LOL! You know right anything that is intellectually challenging or strategy/words games is my cup of tea. So yeah. When Idah invited me to that word game, I actually tried the IQ Games. So I just kept playing repeatedly because I like where they stack up the cubes and make you count or simple mathematical questions for you to answer. Then there is this spelling games Ika gave where I have to make words from jumbled letters.
It was all in the sets of papers they gave me! So can you imagine how surprise I was, seeing those things that I had been practising all these while without knowing I need to apply it pretty soon? And suddenly i felt God is so great to have these prepared for me cos He knows I need it. I had fun doing it but I do not know if i did well enough.
Then there's funny sets where they asked me to join the strokes to form Chinese character? I swear I cant remember any from what I had studied back in kindergarten so I just joined anyhow. Only God knows if that character even exist after I joined it together LMAO! At least the other set with chinese character is not so bad because all u need to do is compare the two characters and tick which one is the same. So its not so bad but the strokes...it was hilarious. lol! The chinese interviewer in front of me said initially when she took the test also she didnt know her chinese strokes. I wanna laugh even more because I feel like saying
If you are a chinese and you dont know, then what makes you think, i, a non-chinese, would even know how to join even a single stroke ? LOL! And I need to write essay of what I think is Happiness to a child. And there's time cards which i need to write down ideas on how I would make use of the cards to interact with children.
Then came the 2nd person talking to me about all these school stuffs. I wasnt expecting much, just at least a range that I feel acceptable for poly grads? I swear. But I almost gasped when they show me their salary chart and I wont elaborate.
And then she asked if i'd go poly after my ITE and i said yes and she complement me saying
"thats good" together with a warmth smile as if she is proud I'd make it to poly. That was really so sweet of her but I feel embarrassed everytime people say to me like that because its not like Im that good you know. Then there's 3rd interviewer who came in and asked me about my course and stuff. So it ended quite smoothly.
But you know I actually felt blessed to be shortlisted for the interview because I've been waiting for it since last year when we graduated and the only thing that was hindering me was me repeating. I really want this job. You know how they will give you a form at the end of the interview? But they didnt and say that they will call me back apparently because HR is on leave since CNY is coming. So in short, I felt abit down & dejected right now as i was yesterday. I reached home and slept all the way. Just like how i cover my laptop and slept thru after knowing i had to repeat my modules. Just merely because I dont wanna think about it and I hate it that I have to wake up and all those thoughts starts flooding my mind again. Although I have a feeling I wont be disappointed, I dont wanna be so hopeful either. I think I had gone through so many ordeals last year one after another so at least let me start this new year with good news. I hope to be called confirming me with the job before CNY or before the AIS call me so I dont have to go all the way to Braddell for interview or even have to consider working for AIS. For me, if I get this one is enough. No need to consider others. Oh God, please help me get this job. Only You know what is best and you know I just want this job.
p/s: omg, writing this entry right now feel so dejavu. I remember dreaming about writing the same entry and then.... I hope with all these good things coming in, nothing bad will happen. Panjangkan lah umur mak aku.
Posted by =Im-tOxI-kaTe-d= at 1/22/2009 09:22:00 AM